IMG_4713

IMG_4715

Called, Quattro Canti here is where two of Palermo’s most important streets cross.  Interestingly, on each of the four corners, there are statues dedicated to both the four seasons and the four original patron saints of Palermo.  These saints were replaced in the 1600’s by Santa Rosalia, who is believed to have lifted the plague from Palermo.  As such, not many recognize the four original patron saints anymore.  (taken 25.2.2015)

Advertisements